Our timber window range has been developed as a truly versatile window
that can easily be adapted into many differing situations.
The below specification details our timber stormproof window system many
other tyles are available.
A range of cill, frame thickness, finish and ironmongery options are
available together with your choice of sash option making this a highly bespoke product. Stormproof windows are supplied with ovolo edged sashes (except where decorative horns are required) and ovolo
beads as standard. Square edged sashes, round beads and putty line beads are optional on written request.
- Utilising mushroom bolts and shootbolts, our standard espagnolette locking systems have achieved more than 7.4Kn - more than double the
requirements of BS7950. They have also been endurance tested to 40,000 operations and have been salt spray tested for 500 hours by the BBA.
- We utilise the benefits of two different friction stays in our timber stormproof window range. All our top-hung windows and side-hung
egress windows use a hinge that is manufactured in the UK and available as austenetic for enhanced corrosion resistance. For our heavier side hung sashes, we use a heavy duty hinge ensuring that the
product will perform for many years to come.
- Our timber stormproof windows are registered under the window Energy Rating Scheme. We currently are able to offer our customers the
most efficient products available under this scheme - an "A" rating. This is available on the innovative Accoya timber species.
- Our externally beaded European Redwood timber stormproof casement window has achieved the standard of BS 7950 at Trada's UKAS accredited
test house. This window benefits from thicker timber profiles and anti-jemmy hinge devices.
- By utilising our BS 7950 security window and upgrading the glass in many circumstances to laminate, our timber stormproof window meets
the requirements of Secured By Design.